Monday 24 October 2011

York Again, three

Oct 11th

My back was improving all the time but was still very painful if I moved the wrong way and the main trouble was, I didn't know what was going to be the wrong way, until it hurt.

Again it was after lunch before we headed off into town, and with improvement in my back we had a longer walk. Dot looked in quite a few shops while I sat outside, this way I got to rest my back and we could go further. We walked right through the centre, out via Bootham Bar and along the outer walls of the old St Mary's Abbey site. We followed the walls round to the river, then through the Yorkshire Museum Gardens (the grounds of the old St Mary's Abbey), where we has a sit in the sun.

York  Red Box York

That didn't last long as it looked like it was going to rain, so we headed for cover in the pub, where we had a good drink with good company.

Next morning as were getting ready to leave and feeling better than I had for four days, I leaned forward and did whatever it was to my back again. The pain was incredible (I do not take pain well) and I only just managed to drive the van home. I have done next to nothing for the two weeks since then. Even typing has been hard, today though I am totally without pain in my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment