Thursday, 8 November 2012


As we usually do, we had booked onto our local Caravan Club site at Stockton, for the Council Firework display. That way we don't have to bother with all the traffic, before and after the event, we just walk there, last year.   Only this year, the week before, Dot suggested we go for two night, so I changed the booking.

Day one, 4th Nov

Had trouble staring the van, had to use the battery booster to get it going but then it was ok.

We had lunch and then want for a walk along the river. I have blogged the walk before, Walk, River Tees 2 (Newport Bridge).   Although it was a lot colder this time and it also became very foggy on the retune leg.   Too foggy to take many photos but there was still plenty to see, a seal was in the river and there were plenty of people using the refurbished white water course.

Bridge in the fog

To warm up we went into the The Talpore for a beer, I had a Hobgoblin and very nice it was too.  Back at the van, after a light supper (neither of us was hungry) we had a very early night.

Day two, 5th Nov

Even though we had and early night we also had a sleep in, I have been under the weather and I don't think Dot was on top form either, so we probably needed it. 

I got things ready for tea (Jonathan, Lorraine and the boys were coming for tea before the display) and after lunch we walked into Stockton, Walk, River Tees 1 (Stockton-on-Tees), we could not do the full walk, as part of the path was closed for the fireworks.

We did some shopping but walked too far and my feet were killing me by the time we got back. Instead of sitting though, I had to get on with the food, as the others were due early. There was no beer involved this year as both Jonathan, Lorraine were driving.

For the second year in a row I didn't try to take photos of the fireworks and therefore saw much more than I usually do.  A very good display again, another a big thank you to our local authority for still supporting things like this.

Day three, 6th Nov

When it was time to leave the van would not start, the battery has had it. I walked over to reception to ask for a jump start and had to wait until the toilet cleaning duties were done. They did not seem keen on jump starting the van and insisted it was done at my own risk, with any damage done to the van was down to me.

It took a while to get it going but it did start eventually and got us home. Next thing to do is buy a new battery, so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment