Sunday 10 July 2011

Wild Rose, Appleby-in-Westmorland, Day one

We got a letter from the Wild Rose campsite in Appleby with an offer of a pitch or £10/night, I phoned and booked four nights. Then I panicked, was Appleby horse fair still on and would the place be full of the Gypsies and Travellers. I got straight online to check, luckily it finished a few day before our arrival but while online, we noticed that the was a free bbq on site on the day we got there. We assumed it would be to sell moblie homes, as we have seen before.

Wild Rose Camping

Wild Rose Park Ormside, 
Appleby-in-Westmorland, Cumbria, CA16 6EJ 

The campsite is in Ormside, quite a way outside Appleby, when Dot was checking in she was told to get back for the free food before it ran out. So we parked the van and wandered back, not the best food I have had but it was free and it was washed down with a beer from the bar.  I asked in the bar what the opening hours were, as last time we were there it was closed for the whole of our visit (it was early in the year last time).  I was reassured it would be open this time (more later).

Free BBQ

Then it was back to the van to get everything set up, struggled getting a sat signal, so I remade the cable ends and hay presto, all good.

Back down the bar we met some of Nicole's old school friends and then an old workmate of mine, small world.  Had a look in the shop and they had five beers I hadn't seen before, what a great shop, last time I also found four of five new beers in here.  Beers from the shop

No comments:

Post a Comment