Sunday 10 July 2011

Wild Rose, Appleby-in-Westmorland, Day three

Well it wasn't raining but my feet were hurting, so we just thought we would do a short circular walk to the village of Ormside and maybe have a beer at the campsite bar later. The walk is documented here.

Glad we chose a short walk as my feet were killing me by the time we got back. We headed to the bar for a sit and a nice beer in the sun. It was closed with a sign outside, informing us that it was closed until Friday evening and had been since Sunday afternoon. It was on Saturday afternoon I was assured that it would be open during our time there, I was very angry to have been misinformed like that. Good job we are always prepared for such eventualities but it wasn't just us, we saw others come and look and walk away looking disappointed.

We were entertained by the RAF later in the afternoon

DSCF2985DSCF2984
Chopper

No comments:

Post a Comment